EWGT2016 Call for Papers
EWGT2016 Call for Papers
The EURO Working Group on Transportation 2016 Meeting will offer keynote plenary talks; workshops; tutorials; and oral presentations from academics, industry experts, students, and representatives of government agencies to discuss recent methodological developments and application challenges in traffic, transportation, and logistics systems. In conjunction with the motivation of the EURO Working Group on Transportation, the main theme for the conference has been specified as the "Simulation and Optimization of Traffic and Transportation Systems".
In conjunction with the theme of EWGT2016, leading scientists that have confirmed keynotes are:
- Peter Wagner, German Aerospace Centre (DLR) and TU Berlin, Germany
- Jaume Barceló, UPC-Barcelona Tech, Spain
- Michel Gendreau, CIRRELT and MAGI, École Polytechnique, Montréal, Canada
- Mohamed Abdel-Aty, University of Central Florida, US
More on keynote talks is available at Keynote Speakers.
As for the previous series, the topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the followings:
- Air transport operations
- Applications of vehicular networks, including ITS
- Advanced communication technologies (V2V, V2I, V2X ..) and automated transportation systems
- Dynamic network modeling and optimization
- Dynamic fleet management
- Simulation and optimization of traffic, transportation, and logistics systems
- Meta-heuristic methods in optimization
- High performance computing in traffic simulation
- Vehicle routing
- Emergency management
- Human factors, travel behavior and choice modeling
- Decision analysis
- Transportation economics
- Modeling, control, and management of traffic and transportation systems
- Supply chain management
- Transportation systems planning and operations
- Innovative and multi-modal transport
- Impact assessments of transportation networks on safety, efficiency, and environment
- Energy efficiency and emission reduction
- Land use and transport interactions
- Sustainability in transportation planning and traffic engineering
- Big data analytics for travel data
- Planning, design, and operation of transportation networks
- Smart cities and smart mobility
Participants interested in contributing to the EWGT2016 with a paper should submit an extended abstract of at most 4 pages before
January 20, 2016 February 15, 2016 via EasyChair using the EWGT2016 template. See Submissions for more.
Selected papers of the conference will be invited to be reconsidered for publication in the theme-based special issues of the journals, including IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Magazine, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies and Accident Analysis & Prevention. See Journal Special Issues for more.
Participants interested in taking the advantage of early bird registration should pay and get registered before June 30, 2016 via EWGT2016 Online Registration System. See Registration for more on registration deadlines and fees.
Follow us @EWGT2016 to get prompt updates!